Flo-Coat® process is the superior method of galvanizing steel tubing
The Allied Flo-Coat® Process Inherent Advantages
- The cold-forming and quenching process creates greater yield and tensile strength than competitive product alternatives.
- The tube is welded prior to the application of coating; thus the weld area is as protected from corrosion as the rest of the tube body.
- Flo-Coat® tubing exhibits greater corrosion resistance because of the synergism created between the coatings; the conversion coating passivates the zinc to slow down the white rust growth process, and the clear top-coat then “seals in” the protection.
- The clear third coating also acts as a primer for painting or powder coating. Extensive pre-cleaning is unnecessary, and excellent adhesion is achieved, even at high baking temperatures.
- Powder coating over Allied´s galvanized substrate provides substantial corrosion resistance superiority over powder coating a raw/uncoated substrate. Powder coating over a galvanized surface provides corrosion protection 5-6 times longer than the same over raw or bare surface.
- Welding Flo-Coat® is easily done in the exact same manner as welding bare steel. Allied´s zinc coating contains the lowest lead content achievable (99.9% pure zinc, average 13 ppm), so lead oxide fumes generated during welding are kept to an absolute minimum. Hot-dip galvanized products usually contain up to .5% lead (5000 ppm).
- Allied’s galvanized products can be easily fabricated…bent, swaged, wall-to-wall flattened…without deformation of the triple layer of protection. Competitive products tend to flake and chip during fabrication.
Flo-Coat® Tubing Our signature Flo-Coat® process produces galvanized tube and pipe considered the “Industry Standard” in each of our core markets. Allied’s success is due in part to the patented Flo-Coat® process that revolutionized the steel tube industry over 35 years ago. This process has been continuously improved upon, and is just as unique today. The triple-coat corrosion protection provided by Allied’s in-line manufacturing processes has never been equaled. This triple layer protection (zinc, conversion coating and clear organic topcoat) provides a smooth, shiny product appearance that is unmatched in terms of strength and durability. Our signature Flo-Coat® process produces galvanized tube and pipe considered the “Industry Standard” in each of our core markets. Allied’s success is due in part to the patented Flo-Coat® process that revolutionized the steel tube industry over 35 years ago. This process has been continuously improved upon, and is just as unique today. The triple-coat corrosion protection provided by Allied’s in-line manufacturing processes has never been equaled. This triple layer protection (zinc, conversion coating and clear organic topcoat) provides a smooth, shiny product appearance that is unmatched in terms of strength and durability.
- Exercise Equipment
- Farmstead / Livestock Equipment
- Gates / hand rails
- Playground Equipment
- Portable Buildings
- Scaffolding & Bracing
- Snow barriers / roofing
Other Typical Applications:
- Display Racks, Shelving and Store Fixtures
- Garage Door Torque Bars, Gym Sets, Sporting Goods and Exercise Equipment
- Indoor and Outdoor Furniture
- Irrigation Center Pivot Systems
- Lawn & Garden Equipment
- Material Handling Equipment: Carts, Hand Trucks and Containers
Market Adoption & Benefits to your Business Many businesses and industries have adopted the product for the following reasons:
- Weight reduction without compromising strength /load.
- Appearance – attractive finish, aesthetically pleasing.
- Corrosion Protection – industry leading, (salt spray results)
- Irrigation Center Pivot Systems
- Eliminate Painting – product is ready-to-go upon completion of fabrication.
- Increase strength – Delivers minimum 50,000 psi yield strength, improved structure rigidity, greater impact resistance, and lower material cost than hot-dipped pipe or structural products.
- Reduce Tube Prep – Clean and protected finish, virtually ready to fabricate and optional paint reduce time and labour – improve bottom line.
- Eliminate EPA concerns – zinc is 99.99 pure, lead free, recyclable materials.
- Increase Productivity – Reduce prep, streamline workflow.
- Easy to Paint- Top coat is a primer, wipe and paint.
- Mill Cut to length – 10ft lengths or greater, reduce waste related costs
- Cleanliness – Fabricators enjoy handling material – clean, oil free, bend, drill, weld, paint and deliver to your customer.
Flo-Coat is available in these sizes:
|0.500" - 5.000"||round|
|0.625" - 4.000"||square|
|0.625" x 1.125" - 2.000" x 4.000"||Rectangle|
|1.500" x 1.000" - 2.750" x 1.630"||Flat Sided Oval|
For nearly 30 years SupplyRite has proudly provided its customers with reliable, responsive and personal service unparalleled in the industry.